This post is for those of you that has been looking for a genuine 100% working way to change/tweak your phone IMEI number to enable you get special bonuses or offers from network providers, I say search no more because I will be taking you on a shot ride on how you can get it all done by yourself in less than 5 minutes.
IMEI means International Mobile Equipment Identity. An IMEI is the unique serial number of every GSM mobile cell phone. The IMEI number is used by networks to identify valid phones and block stolen or blacklisted phones from accessing the network.
In most mobile communication devices, the IMEI appears on the display when a user enters the character sequence *#06# (star-pound-zero-six-pound) into the keypad. And also the IMEI number is printed inside the battery compartment.
Tweaking an IMEI of a MTK device is as simple as warming tuning on your phone, because there are so many software(s) out there that has been created for this purpose, but I will be using one of the simplest of all for this post.
Requirements For Changing IMEI On MTK Phones
=> MTK Engineering Tool [Download HERE]
=> Your MediaTek Android Phone
How Can I Change IMEI Number Of MTK Phone
1. First of all, dial *#06# (star-pound-zero-six-pound) on your phone keypad to see the current IMEI number you have currently.
2. Now install and open the MTK Engineering Tool app that you download early.
3. You will see three different buttons there, but we will be working with just one of them.
4. Click on the second/middle button that displays MTK Settings.
5. Swipe left of your phone screen to navigate to Connectivity Tab and click on CDS Information.
6. Click on Radio Information if you phone is dual Sim, you will definitely find two options.
7. Now click on Phone 1
=> Phone 1 represents Sim 1 slot
=> Phone 2 represents Sim 2 slot
I will be using Phone 1 (Sim 1 slot) for this post, but if you wish to change both Sim slots, then you can do so by repeating from step 7 each respectively.
8. Click on Phone 1, here you will run into a box which all the magic will be processed through, there in the box you will see AT+, click in an empty space, just after the plus (+) sign.
9. Add a space with your spacebar on your keyboard, then backspace it once, a drop list with option will appear.
10. Select on AT+EGMR=1,7,”” which stands for Phone 1 (Sim 1 slot).
11. Now look carefully of the 7, from the option you have selected early, you will see two (2) quotation signs (””), you will be inputting your New IMEI in between the quotations signs.
12. After typing in your 15 digits IMEI number completely, now add a Space In between T & + where you see AT+ e.g. It will look like this AT +EGMR=1,7,”35696505XXXXXXX”.
13. Now Click on the button that says SEND AT COMMAND below the text-box you inputted your New IMEI number.
14. You will get a text toast that say AT Command is Sent: OK, that means you have successfully tweaked your IMEI number.
15. Now Reboot/Restart your devices and dial *#06# (star-pound-zero-six-pound) again and see if your IMEI has Changed.
That’s all for now. Cheers❤
Should in case you encounter any difficulties while trying to change to IMEI number with the above steps, please use the below to state your problem